Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

POSTPONEMENT OF THE 2020 INTERNATIONAL IN YORK

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

POSTPONEMENT OF THE 2020 INTERNATIONAL IN YORK

Post by grahamemmett »

Dear All

This week, following the advisory statements from both Government and others, the Daimler and Lanchester Owners’ Club has decided to postpone this year’s rally in York for 12 months.

We have not yet sorted out all details but we are working hard on making all the necessary re-arrangements. But one thing is already fixed because it determines the dates for the whole event, the dinner at the Racecourse. We are still sorting out other details about the Castle Howard visit, the tour of the Minster and the City of York and the day at the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington.

The Rally will now take place on Sunday 20th June 2021. The annual Club dinner will be held at the Racecourse in York on Saturday night 19th June 2021.

We have initiated discussions with the Marriott Hotel in York. They have agreed to roll over all current bookings – we understand that no payments have yet been taken by the Marriott – and these will not be taken, now, until May 2021, 4 weeks before the Rally. We will give you more detail about rolling over or canceling as soon as we have clarity from the hotel.

As we finalise the remaining parts of the Rally, or any details need to be changed due to circumstance, we will be providing information through the magazine and e-mail and the Club website.

We hope that most people (everybody if possible) will roll over their bookings from 2020 to 2021. We will, of course, refund anybody who wishes to cancel from the event altogether and in this case please e-mail me via events@dloc.co.uk and we will arrange the refund.

Please stay well and we shall see everybody in 2021.

Grant Burton & Matthew Waterhouse
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: POSTPONEMENT OF THE 2020 INTERNATIONAL IN YORK

Post by Fossil »

Thank you Graham, Grant and Matthew

Very sensible, we are delighted to "roll over" our hotel booking until 2021, and wish you good fortune in rearranging the other events, I hope that this is successful. The Yorkshire Air Museum has a superb collection and I've not visited it yet!

Best wishes

Geoff

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Hello Geoff,
I am pleased that you are happy to roll over your stay in Yorkshire. You might recall meeting in the Hamilton services car park a few years ago. We looked as though we were doing a dodgy deal with parts being swapped from boot to boot and the folding stuff swapping hands. I will be putting the date in my diary and will keep an eye out for you. That is if I can manage to sneak Daimlerless.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Hildegard and I decided to roll over too. It's a pitty, because everything was booked from Germany. But it is as it is. And next year we'll be definitely at York.

Rolf

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

It gives us another 12 months to plan some more things!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Colin

Yes I remember our meeting well! It was kind of you to drive north to do the deal. I was sorry to see that you were no longer a 'formal' SP250 enthusiast, but I still follow your posts with interest.

Did the spares find a good home? I've not regretted fitting the R+P steering at all, but probably wouldn't have bothered were it not for the left hemiplegia as I probably said. I've given the car (ie me) a Christmas present of a magnificent thin slot shallow dished 17 inch Moto-Lita wood rim alloy steering wheel. It looks sublime! I don't really like flat alloy stg wheels, perhaps they look more of a danger to your thorax should you collide with something, but that's probably not logical.

It would be good to see you in York next year, I suspect that this year is going to pass very quickly as we all watch the progress of the virus. I hope that the world will have recovered from it to some extent by then.

Best regards

Geoff