Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Quick question LA14 interior

alex_gray255

Quick question LA14 interior

Post by alex_gray255 »

Hi folks

Quick questions - I was wondering if someone with the LA14 could perhaps answer me the following questions...
- Is the glove box on the left supposed to have a cover of some kind or just be an open hole? Not seen any evidence of a cover been fitted in the past and was just wondering if anyone had an example of a cover as I would like to make and fit one.
- Does the water temp gauge usually warm up at all? I drove the car for an hour or so today and yet the gauge never showed the water getting warm which strikes me as possibly an issue with the gauge, wire or sensor. Just checking it does not take an insane time to warm up the engine...

Thanks!

buckfield

Re: Quick question LA14 interior

Post by buckfield »

HI Alex, is this the same body as the 11? then the glovebox is open I think? I was thinking of making a cover but other stuff to do first, on the temp my 11 does take a long time to heat up on the gauge, but check all the contacts etc. all the best Tony

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

If the Glove box aperture on your dashboard had an opening cover it would have been hinged at the bottom and if so you will see evidence of two sets of screw holes along the bottom edge.

Salmons

alex_gray255

Post by alex_gray255 »

Cheers. I did not see any evidence of any past cover, but you never know :)

I'll look into making one. Thanks!

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Alex, no Glove Box Door was ever fitted to either the LA 11 or the LA14, as for your Temp Gauge not showing any movement , then it’s certainly a problem with the Capillary Tube, I managed to get mine repaired by a chap down in Cornwall , unfortunately unable to recollect his name at the moment , will try and find the receipt and get back to you .
Cheers Al
DLOC Registrar for LA10, 11, 12/6, &. 14 .

raybanky

Post by raybanky »

Hi,

My 1937 LA14-1 the glove box does not have a cover.

Best wishes.

Ray B.

alex_gray255

Post by alex_gray255 »

Thanks!