Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SPTrunnion grease seals

KevDarley

SPTrunnion grease seals

Post by KevDarley »

Does anybody know where I can get some correct diameter trunnion grease seals
(“Bottom wishbone arm grease seals” as the SP manual calls them)
I recently bought two sets from David Manners but after a conversation with them Today it transpires that they have inadvertently been supplying the wrong size seals for quite some time and as a result of my conversation with them they have now delisted their seals and they can’t supply seals that are the correct diameter.
Strangely, they have supplied dozens of undersized seals and not had any returned or any issues raised? They were most apologetic to me and refunded me immediately so I have no issues with the David Manners Group.
The fact remains however the the seals that are fitted to my Dart are approximately 32mm inside diameter to go over the thrust washers, the ones that I have had supplied from DMG are only 25mm inside diameter.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Has anybody else had the same problem as me?
Kev

JohnM

Re: SPTrunnion grease seals

Post by JohnM »

Hi Kev,
these seals shoud be the same as TR3 ones - do you mean No 105 in this listing? if so, Moss, Rimmers etc should have them.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-m ... 53-65.html#

HTH,
John
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec

KevDarley

Post by KevDarley »

Thanks for that John, yes they are the ones👍
Although I think that DMG said that the ones that they were now supplying ( and supplied to me) were now from the TR range and they were unaware of the smaller diameter?
At £1.50 each, I will order the ones that you suggest and see what diameter I get.
I will post the results on here to guide others👍
Thanks again
Kev

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Kev,

I looked at a Triumph parts supplier in the USA, if they are what you are after both rubber and poly are available for the triumph family here.

I could ask the supplier to measure them.

Dennis
Attachments
Triumph trunion poly seal.JPG
Triumph trunion seal.JPG

KevDarley

Post by KevDarley »

The seals suggested by JohnM in the post above and detailed on John’s link arrived Today.
They are the perfect size for the SP
Thanks for that John👍

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Glad I could help, Kev,
John
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec

rogerharrop

Post by rogerharrop »

FYI DMG are STILL supplying the wrong diamenter seals in their trunnion kits! Just got an apology and a refund and ordered replacements from Moss as above

Roger

rogerharrop

Post by rogerharrop »

Hi All,

Just a correction needed for anyone following this string. The correct trunnion oil seals from Moss are item 106 on the link above not 105 - they are exactly the same as DMG are erroniously supplying.

Best

Roger

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Just to mention -- the org SP trunnion is flat on the top so grease seal is also flat ( and fairly useless )
The later TR seal is conical , as is the top of the trunnion.
The TR4A and later has the larger thread dia / seal and is a no fit

Steve.