Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Logging onto this web site

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Logging onto this web site

Post by JT7196 »

Hi , I’m getting pretty P…..sd off trying to log onto this web site, it took Four attempts this evening, and I almost gave up !!
Surely there Must be some sort of” Fix”:to resolve this problem, John knows that I have already complained, I almost feel like giving up !!
Anybody got any ideas how this can be resolved ???

Cheers Al ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Logging onto this web site

Post by NickDeAth »

I had a problem logging on some months ago until it got to a point where I either couldn't log in or I was locked out I don't remember which. I emailed John and he gave me a temporary password which I altered slightly. Not had a problem since. First time every time.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I think you need to get advice from someone local to you, preferably someone with IT experience, so that he can use your iPad or iPhone.

The phpBB forum is used by millions of people and I don't see other comments about difficult logins. It could be a WiFi problem.

I hope it can be solved as it's obviously driving you crazy.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

I never have to log in. On the logon screen is a "Remember me" checkbox. If you supply your login, password and then check the checkbox before clicking on login the forum will remember you from one session to the next. What I suggest is you add the home page to your favourites and then simply select the favourite. As you've been remembered you will go straight in without needing to supply any password.