Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Drophead Coupe Door Handle

Skinnerpot

Conquest Drophead Coupe Door Handle

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi,

Would anyone happen to have a drivers side door handle kicking around in their spares? Sadly mine snapped off the other day and I need a replacement.

I have attached a photo of an example below as they are different to the normal Conquest door handles.

Thank you in advance!
Door Handle
Door Handle
An age when roads were empty, machines were simple and every journey was an adventure!

Daimler Conquest DHC (DJ252), Morris Minor, Ford Model T, Vandem Plas 1500, Reliant Drag Race Car, Nelson Steam Car, 4.5" Foden Steam Wagon

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Conquest Drophead Coupe Door Handle

Post by HenryC »

Sorry, I don't. I have spare doors but not the the handles.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252

Skinnerpot

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi Henry,

No worries, thank you for looking :)

Someone must have one stashed away somewhere haha.
An age when roads were empty, machines were simple and every journey was an adventure!

Daimler Conquest DHC (DJ252), Morris Minor, Ford Model T, Vandem Plas 1500, Reliant Drag Race Car, Nelson Steam Car, 4.5" Foden Steam Wagon

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Send me a mail, and I’ll send you a picture

Regards

Db

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

These door handles and some other DJ252 hardware were used on other Carbodies convertibles of the same time period. A friend who passed away last year had an Austin Convertible with the same handles - I am certain that he told me a few years ago that reproductions were available. Unfortunately I don’t have further information.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Skinnerpot

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi All,

Still on the hunt for one of these is anyone has one?

Apparently they are the same as an Austin A40 Sports as well.

Kindest Regards
Andy

AntonyB

Post by AntonyB »

Hello, the Austin mention sent me on a quick web search, and I found the following which may be of interest - they look similar, but as I do not do 'Facebook' I did not take any further, the posting is a few years old but does suggest someone has had them remanufactured so there might be some around, and Austin Counties Spares may still exist, or a club may have.

Good luck with the search.

Antony

P.S. checking the preview I see the link takes you straight to the actual posting, not sure how you would try to make contact etc.

Skinnerpot

Post by Skinnerpot »

Hi Antony,

Thank you for taking the time to have a look.

Sadly I have been in touch already and they have all gone :(

Kind Regards
Andy

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

I recently hit a new one for a project I am helping on.

This is going on a car with the one I offered you two years ago !

I got it from Ashwater Foundaries.

I had the last one of a batch, after which they have a new batch at chrome plates.

You will have to be persistent to get through to them, and patience will be rewarded.

Nb it’s used on Austin A90 Atlantic and others.

Good luck

AntonyB

Post by AntonyB »

Hello Andy, thanks for the reply I did think you might have seen, anyway briefly following on from that line I assume that you have tried the Austin Counties Car Club Ltd, and Potts Parts who is listed as having spare parts having taken over the Clubs spares.

Anyway as before good luck on the hunt, no need to reply to this if you have already explored the above.

Kind regards

Antony